Morgantown West Virginia Car Accident Lawyers: Injured in a car accident or collision in Morgantown, WV?
Call (304) 594-1800 for a FREE consultation with a top-rated Morgantown car accident lawyer. No fee until we win.
Jeff Robinette is an award-winning motor vehicle accident lawyer based in Morgantown with over 30 years of experience as an attorney for car insurance claims, serving those who have suffered crash injuries in all of West Virginia. Those who have experienced injuries from a collision need a car accident claims lawyer to maximize their insurance claims.
Talk to an experienced insurance disputes attorney at the Robinette Legal Group, PLLC today.
How a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
A car accident injury can change your life forever.
When your life has been turned upside down by a sudden and serious injury, you naturally have plenty of questions about how the insurance claims process and court system work and when to get a lawyer for a car accident.
Jeff Robinette, a dedicated Morgantown, West Virginia car accident lawyer, has answers to the questions you are asking now about your car accident insurance claims.
In essence, you want to be informed so that you can make wise decisions and be fairly compensated for your injuries. We have answers for you.
“Our experiences with Jeff and his firm have always produced the best possible results. His legal expertise and credentials are second-to-none, and the sensitivity and genuine care for his clients that he exercised are superior to any lawyer with whom I have ever been connected.” Barry K.
Morgantown Car Accident Lawyers
In order to obtain the compensation you need after a collision to pay all of these bills and to compensate for other hardships resulting from your accident injuries, it is crucial that you have an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney on your side.
Our Morgantown car accident lawyers understand how sideswipe, T-bone, rollover, rear-end, or parking lot collisions often cause severe injuries, high medical bills, and lost wages and know how to help you through the process of recovery.
Put Experience on Your Side | Morgantown West Virginia Car Accident Attorneys
Our Morgantown, West Virginia car accident lawyers are a team of former insurance defense attorneys who know the strategies of the insurance companies and know how to prepare your case to win. At our Morgantown motor vehicle accident law firm, we do not merely handle an occasional car accident claim. Personal injury law is the primary focus of our practice.
Your case isn’t just about money — it’s about you and your family. The fact is the insurance company has a team of lawyers on call, ready to deny, delay, and reduce your compensation. Even if the other driver was at fault, you may find that your own insurance company is treating you like a hostile claimant.
You have an advantage when you have a skilled advocate on your side to investigate the collision, hire investigators, interview witnesses, collect evidence, question police officers, and present the information which can prove your case to a jury in such a way that they can truly understand your pain and suffering.
Every Morgantown Collision Case is unique. Most accidents are not, in reality, accidental. They are, in fact, collisions caused by the negligence, recklessness, inattention, or carelessness of another driver.
See our article, What is the difference between an accident and a collision?
According to NHTSA crash data statistics, texting, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding, or running through a red light are still major causes of collisions. All of these are choices, not accidents.
Every case is unique, and the earlier we can begin preparing your case, it is more likely that we will be able to obtain critical evidence and to locate witnesses. In WV, you have only two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit, so the sooner you begin, the better it is for your case.
Morgantown, West Virginia Car Accident Attorneys Bring Their Knowledge to the Table for You
- Rear-End Collisions – Rear-end accidents typically occur at intersections or in heavy traffic where one car is stopped or slowed and another comes up behind it and is unable to stop in time. In most cases, the driver of the trailing car is at fault.
- Head-on Collisions – Due to the sheer physics involved in a head-on accident, the resulting injuries are typically severe and catastrophic. All too often, head-on collisions result in fatal injuries.
- Drunk Driving (DUI) Collisions – Unfortunately, hundreds of drivers in West Virginia get behind the wheel drunk each year. Driving under the influence (DUI) of an intoxicating substance is a reckless decision that can result in serious and fatal car accidents.
- T-Bone Collisions – T-bone collisions, also known as broadside crashes or side-impact collisions that most often occur at street intersections, tend to result in injuries that may prove catastrophic or even fatal.
- Fatal Collisions – We help families move forward after a fatal accident or the tragic loss of a spouse or loved one and help you find the money needed to rebuild your life after a tragedy.
- Sideswipe or Blind Spot Collisions – Sideswipe collisions are often caused when one driver remains in the blind spot of another vehicle.
- Parking Lot Accidents – If you have been injured in aparking lot accident, either while driving, riding a bike, or walking, you may be entitled to seek damages for the cost of medical treatment, lost earnings, and pain and suffering resulting from your injuries.
- Shoulder Injuries from a Collision – The severe trauma to the shoulder joint caused by the impact of an accident can result in several different types of shoulder injuries.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions – In a multi-car pileup, the fault may be harder to prove because of the multiple vehicles involved. We do all of the discovery to determine who was at fault and must pay for your injuries.
- Road Construction Worker Injuries and Death – Construction zones are inherently dangerous for workers, and workers in construction zones around West Virginia face a significant risk of suffering from major injuries.
- Pelvic Injuries from a Crash – A car accident or other motor vehicle collision can cause hip or pelvic injuries requiring surgery. A personal injury lawsuit or settlement can provide the necessary funds for optimal recovery.
- Roll-Over Vehicle Crash – The speed and shape of the vehicle are two major factors in rollover vehicle crashes.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims – It is something every driver dreads — getting into acar accident caused by a driver who did not carry the legal amount of insurance. We can help you recover expenses from your own UM/UIM coverage.
- Uber or Lyft Ridesharing Accidents – When an Uber/ Lyft driver injures the passengers or other motorists, you can file a claim not only against your driver but also against Uber/ Lyft itself.
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries – Whiplash is a neck strain caused by the head being forced backward, then immediately forward, very quickly, injuring the muscles and tendons in the neck.
- Foot Injuries From an Accident – Acute foot injuries that often result from work or motor vehicle accidents include severe bruising, torn ligaments, puncture wounds, ruptured tendons, joint sprains, muscle strains, as well as various types of broken, fractured, shattered, or dislocated bones.
- Broken bones resulting from a Collision – Broken bones are one of the most common injuries from motor vehicle collisions, and they place significant physical, emotional, and financial burdens on the injured and their families.
Serious Morgantown Car Accident Law Firm – We Have Specialized Knowledge to Help You
Serious car accident injury and vehicle wrongful death claims require knowledge of complex medical issues. Our attorneys have the professional resources, skill, and experience to handle catastrophic car accident cases such as spinal cord injuries, brain and head injuries from concussions, shoulder pain, back injuries, and broken bones.
What you don’t know can hurt your automobile accident claim. Questions? We have answers.
Morgantown, West Virginia Auto Accident Lawyers Answer Your Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a lawyer after a Morgantown car accident?
The Insurance Research Council, a non-profit group funded by insurance companies across the nation, conducted a study called Paying for Auto Injuries which compared personal injury claims processed by the injured person alone versus those handled by a personal injury lawyer. The study found that those injured persons who were represented by an attorney received over 300% more money in the end – even after attorney fees and costs were subtracted from the total amount of the settlement or jury award.”
Don’t all lawyers know how to handle Morgantown car accident injury claims?
Personal injury law has many complexities and requires an understanding of not only tort and insurance law, but also litigation and trial procedures and of how insurance companies operate that a general practitioner may not possess.
Additionally, well-experienced personal injury attorneys understand how particular factors will influence the value of a claim. Comparative negligence issues (who was at fault, and to what degree), punitive damage issues, and pre-existing medical conditions of the claimant will also factor into the value of a claim. A serious personal injury attorney will have access to resources that give them up-to-date information about the claim value of various types of injuries.
One size does not fit all in the practice of law. Just as you would not seek treatment from a family practice physician for a traumatic brain injury, you should be equally careful in hiring a lawyer who has extensive experience representing injured people and working with insurance companies.
How much does it cost to hire a Morgantown car accident lawyer?
We work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay nothing until you receive your money from the insurance company. This means if our firm fails to settle your car accident case, we get nothing. But if we are able to settle an auto case, our firm is paid a portion of the total recovery or settlement plus costs related to the case.
Should I get a lawyer for a Morgantown car accident that wasn’t my fault?
Yes, you should retain an attorney if you were injured to maximize your recovery.
Can I represent myself? In other words, can you sue an insurance company without a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer?
If you are unrepresented, there will be no one to advise you on the law and to ensure that you have met all your legal obligations — any failure on your part to follow these strict rules will have an adverse impact on your auto injury claim.
Remember, only those damages that can be proven in a court of law will be considered for compensation.
It is generally not wise to act as your own lawyer. It is difficult to maintain objectivity which means that you can analyze the law correctly and evaluate the facts of your case in a neutral way. That way you are not overlooking a key weakness in your case.
I have known many people who represented themselves and even filed their own lawsuits, but in the end, they finally come around to the obvious need to have a professional oversee and handle their legal matters.
If you had a common cold, you would likely go to the local grocery store and buy some cold medicine. But if you had a severe laceration on the leg, you wouldn’t likely stitch your leg.
Many people try to represent themselves because they think it will be like treating a common cold. By the time they realize that a professional is needed, a lot of damage to their claim has already occurred.
In some circumstances where there is no real dispute as to who was at fault, your damages are small, and your recovery complete, you may be able to settle your claim on your own.
The free initial consultation that personal injury lawyers are willing to provide can be a great resource for you in determining if this is the best course for you to take.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a Morgantown car accident?
In West Virginia, you have two years from the date of the car accident to file. This is what we refer to as a statute of limitations, the time limit to file a lawsuit from the date of occurrence within a specific time frame.
For what damages can I be compensated for after an accident that occurred in Morgantown, WV?
There are many factors that go into determining the value of a case and how much compensation an injured person deserves. Our experienced Morgantown car accident attorneys can take all factors into consideration to help you get the maximum possible compensation.
In a typical auto injury case, the injured person is entitled to pursue compensation for their past and future pain and suffering, past and future medical bills, past and future lost wages, and their loss of enjoyment of life. If the injuries are very serious and diminish the relationship with a married spouse, loss of consortium (physical and emotional intimacy and services) damages may be awarded to the spouse for those losses they have sustained stemming from your injuries.
What are punitive damages in a Morgantown auto collision case?
If the at-fault driver was intoxicated or was guilty of grossly negligent behavior, punitive damages may also be awarded in a court of law. With each category of damages, however, there are complex laws and trial court procedures that must be strictly followed in order to prove your injuries in a court of law.
Call Today for a Free Strategy Session with a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer: (304) 594-1800
During your free strategy session, I will review your accident report and all of your medical bills. We’ll take a look at the liability and see who can be held accountable for your injuries. I will take a look at what you are entitled to and discuss how we can help you recover it. And if we can’t help you, we can point you in the direction of someone who can or tell you how you can resolve your claim yourself.
Worried that You Can’t Afford a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer?
Learn what an automobile accident lawyer can do for you — at no cost to you until your case is resolved.
We represent those injured in vehicle accidents on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if you aren’t paid for your claim, you owe us nothing.
When you hire our law firm, you can be confident that everything will be done to protect your legal rights and help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Questions? Call304.594.1800 to talk to one of our attorneys or request a free Case Review.
Morgantown, West Virginia Vehicle Accident Lawyers
At Robinette Legal Group, our practice is focused on West Virginia vehicle accident law. Since this is the primary focus of our Morgantown practice (for many firms, it is not), we are able to apply our considerable experience, skill, and resources to our clients’ injuries from car accident cases – and help them win results.
Our focus is on helping those who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents receive the maximum compensation available to them, even in cases involving uninsured and underinsured drivers.
We investigate the collision, interview witnesses, gather evidence, review all pertinent medical records, and are fully prepared to handle the most complicated auto accident cases.
What is Your Responsibility After a Collision in Morgantown?
All your actions or omissions will have an effect on your ability to pursue your legal rights for full and fair compensation for your injuries.
- Get immediate and appropriate medical treatment for the injuries caused by the car accident
- Report the accident to the police and fully cooperate with authorities
- Do not discuss fault with the other driver or insurance company or with anyone else at the accident scene
- Maintain records of all medical bills and other expenses related to the auto collision
- Don’t speak to an insurance claims adjuster before you speak with a lawyer. We can help you avoid making statements that could later be taken out of context, misrepresented, or could be used against you later to discredit your case.
What You Must Know For a Successful Auto Collision Claim in Morgantown, West Virginia:
West Virginia law provides that you have two years from the date of the auto collision to take legal action against responsible individuals and companies, including insurance companies, to seek compensation for the damages you sustained in the auto collision. If your child is injured in a collision, your child will have two years from the date of adulthood to file such a claim.
Waiting until your child is an adult, however, creates a significant loss of evidence you will need to prove your child’s claim. For adults, if you do not file a lawsuit within the two-year statute of limitations period, your claim will be forever time-barred.
Two years may sound like a long time from now, but believe me, it is not when considering all the things that must be done to secure your legal rights against the responsible parties. Every day that you wait to seek legal counsel equates to a loss of opportunity to obtain full compensation for your injuries.
In reality, it is the first 60 to 90 days following your auto collision that will make or break your case. It is within this shorter time period that necessary evidence and testimony must be secured, treatment rendered and medical opinions obtained. If you wait until after this time period has passed, and you have not developed your claim properly, it will make the job of even a good lawyer very hard to obtain a full recovery for you.
Time Limit For Filing a Morgantown, West Virginia Car Accident Injury Lawsuit
Please keep in mind that you only have two years to file a lawsuit after a collision. Worse yet, if you wait until close to the two-year statute of limitations period to consult with a lawyer, it is almost guaranteed that your claim will be compromised. It is somewhat like getting a medical issue diagnosed early — your chances of improvement are greater the earlier the diagnosis is made. So, don’t wait to get your legal claim diagnosed by a qualified lawyer.
Call (304) 594-1800 for a Free Case Review.
Free Strategy Session with a Morgantown, West Virginia Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Afraid of wasting your time in an attorney’s office? Call our office first and answer 5 simple questions in 10 minutes or less to find out if we can help you with your car accident claim.
If your car accident case qualifies for a free strategy session, an experienced car accident lawyer will meet with you to figure out your best options for dealing with the insurance company in order to receive a fair settlement. <
What Happens to Your Morgantown Auto Accident Case During the First 30 Days:
When you sign on with the Robinette Legal Group PLLC, your case will not be lost in a stack of other cases. We want you to know that you are being taken care of.
Your Morgantown Car Accident Recovery Litigation Team:
Your attorney and our team members will take care of these aspects of your case so you can concentrate on healing from your injuries and taking care of your loved ones:
- We will conduct a proper scene investigation without missing or destroying evidence
- We will identify and locate all the fact witnesses with any knowledge of the cause of the collision and obtain their sworn statements and affidavits
- We will identify and locate all parties responsible for your injuries
- We will locate all the insurance coverage potentially covering your injuries and damages
- We will litigate coverage disputes with the insurance companies
- We will conduct legal research and write legal briefs
- We will, if needed, prepare your case for a jury trial and represent you in all court proceedings for pre-trial issues
One of our team members will also be assigned to your case who will be in charge of tracking down your medical records and details you have regarding the accident and will answer any questions you will likely have about the process going forward.
Locating The Best Morgantown Lawyer For Your Automobile Injury Case:
Whether you are looking for the best lawyer “near me” or just trying to evaluate which firm is the right choice for you, please take the time to watch a couple of our videos so you can have some of your questions answered immediately.
A Testimonial From Kevin, a Recent Morgantown West Virginia Car Accident Injury Client
“I experienced a soft tissue injury in an auto accident. I needed three reconstructive surgeries because of my shoulder injury and I needed to be represented to be treated fairly by the insurer.
The Robinette Law Team protected me from the insurance company’s lowballing tendencies. They worked for nearly two years on my case and it was worth the patience. Jeffery Robinette and his associates kept me very well informed and walked me through every step of the process. It was a long journey that ended in victory.
Coming to Robinette Legal Group resulted in getting the highest settlement available, this was life-changing. With Jeffery’s reputation, the insurance company was very cooperative. I couldn’t have imagined a better outcome and I will always look to Robinette Legal Group for all my legal needs, and I will recommend them to everyone who may need legal advice.”
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact us today to speak with an experienced Morgantown car wreck injury attorney. Call today for a Free Case Review: (304) 594-1800