Avoid these mistakes if you want to protect your car accident injury claim.
- Above all, don’t lie about anything.
- Absolutely do not conceal any information related to your health or your case when speaking with your attorney.
- Do not exaggerate symptoms.
- Do not ignore doctor’s orders.
- Do not sign a medical release or give a recorded statement without seeking legal advice.
- Be aware that your social media posts after the collision may be used to devalue your case.
- Keep in mind that if you wait, you may be too late! In West Virginia, you only have two years from the date of the collision to file a lawsuit.
Related Article:Injured in a Car Accident? Know Your Legal Rights. This article outlines all of the most important steps to take if you have been in a collision.
Protect your case by taking action today!
Questions? Call304.594.1800and speak with one of our attorneys today.
Jeffery Robinette was admitted to practice law in 1991 and is licensed in all levels of state and federal trial courts in West Virginia. Mr. Robinette is also licensed in all state and federal appeals courts in West Virginia and the United States Supreme Court. As a National Board Certified Trial Attorney who has handled hundreds of motor vehicle, injury, and construction defect claims and a leading author on insurance claims settlement issues and difficulties in West Virginia, Jeff Robinette is uniquely qualified to represent your best interest.