West Virginia Medical Malpractice Attorneys based in Morgantown, handling claims regarding Ruby Memorial Hospital, Mon Health Medical Center, United Hospital Center, Med Express, Nursing Homes, and other private health care providers.
Were You Injured Because of a Doctor’s Negligence? Call Us.
In our role as West Virginia Medical Malpractice Lawyers, we believe that medical professionals, including doctors, dentists, psychiatrists, nurses, and other health care professionals owe their patients a duty to provide a certain standard of care.
If a medical professional breaches this duty of care (by negligence or omission) and you suffer harm, you may be entitled to pursue a medical malpractice claim against them to recover compensation for any additional medical expenses, lost wages and income, and pain and suffering you incur.
The financial and emotional toll that medical malpractice can have on you and your family is tremendous, and you will need to file a medical malpractice claim to avoid having to pay for someone else’s mistake. But medical malpractice cases can be expensive and difficult to prove.
This is where the skilled West Virginia medical malpractice lawyers at Robinette Legal Group, PLLC can help. Call us at (304) 594-1800 to arrange a free consultation.
About Robinette Legal Group, PLLC
At Robinette Legal Group, PLLC, we have handled many medical malpractice cases and know how devastating they can be for the victims and their families. You deserve compensation for your injuries and losses, and you don’t have to seek this compensation alone.
Why Choose Our West Virginia Medical Malpractice Attorneys?
- Our law firm is committed to helping victims of medical malpractice in West Virginia.
- We are compassionate, but relentless in our pursuit of justice for our clients.
- Our skilled West Virginia medical malpractice lawyers are uniquely qualified to help you through the process and to ensure that you understand everything that is happening in your case, from start to finish.
- We have the resources needed to successfully pursue a West Virginia medical malpractice case and can put them to work for you.
- We will take most of the burden of pursuing the case off your shoulders. You will then be able to focus on recovering from your injuries.
- You pay us nothing unless we win a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
Common Causes of Medical Malpractice in West Virginia
One careless mistake by a doctor or other medical professional can change your life forever. What makes it even worse is that in most cases, the mistake could have been prevented.
The most common causes of medical malpractice in West Virginia are as follows:
- Birth Injuries
- Surgical Errors
- Hospital Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Wrongful Diagnosis
- Severe Postoperative Infections
- Organ Puncture
- Wrong Site Surgery – operating on the wrong body part
If you have suffered harm as a result of any one of these acts of negligence, you deserve to be fairly compensated.
What Kind of Settlement Can I Receive For a West Virginia Medical Malpractice Claim?
There is no set amount of compensation for a medical malpractice claim. Instead, you and your attorney must sit down and go through all the harm you have suffered due to the incident and determine what a fair and just settlement should be.
A few factors that will be taken into consideration in your medical malpractice claim include:
- The extent of your injuries;
- Whether you did anything to contribute to your injuries;
- The settlement amounts for similar cases; and
- The length of time that you will require treatment and support because of your injuries.
Each of these factors can be difficult to determine on your own. This is why the help of a skilled and experienced medical malpractice attorney is so important.
The West Virginia medical malpractice lawyers at Robinette Legal Group, PLLC have access to both the legal resources and expert witnesses needed to make your case and present factual information to support your claim.
How Long Will My Medical Malpractice Case Take to Settle?
In medical malpractice cases, three main factors will influence how long your case will take to settle:
- The extent of your injuries – Having your injuries fully diagnosed and knowing the impact they will have on your future will play a big role in settling your case. The longer this takes, the longer it will take for your case to settle.
- How long you will need medical treatment/be unable to work – Until you know how far into the future you will need medical treatment and/or how much you need to recover in lost wages and income, you cannot settle your case.
- The type and number of medical errors that occurred – The type and number of medical errors made can impact the time it takes to settle your case. Likewise, if multiple defendants are involved, your case may take longer.
One thing that can help you get the fairest and the justest settlement in your case, as quickly as possible, is having a skilled medical malpractice lawyer from Robinette Legal Group, PLLC on your side. At our firm, we have the resources necessary to bring in various experts to help determine the true extent of your injuries and losses as well as the true value of your claim. We will make sure that the final settlement amount fits your needs, not just in the present day, but throughout your life.
Is There a Time Limit to File Your Claim?
Every state has a statute of limitations, or a time limit, to file personal injury claims. In West Virginia, you only have two years to file a claim. It is important to file your claim before the deadline, as filing after may take away your right to recover the compensation you deserve altogether. Our attorneys at Robinette Legal Group will help keep you on track. We will make sure you do not miss your deadline or make any errors while filing that may slow down the legal process.
Call Robinette Legal Group Today in West Virginia
Our West Virginia medical malpractice lawyers will fight aggressively to get you the best possible outcome for your medical malpractice claim. We are here to make the legal process easier and more accessible to you, while you are recovering from your injury. Our attorneys understand that though nothing can take away your pain, compensation can help you receive the justice and financial stability you deserve.
Contact Robinette Legal Group at (304) 594-1800 to discuss your options and to get your case started. Schedule a free case consultation with one of our attorneys today.