Arthurdale West Virginia Personal Injury and Collision Lawyer
Arthurdale, West Virginia Auto Accident Lawyers
When you have been involved in an accident, your world seems to stop for a moment.
Many concerns rush through your mind wondering if you are hurt, if anyone else is hurt, or if there is immediate danger on the road.
Shortly after the accident, other concerns come up such as long-term injury, vehicle repair, and financial burden. Talk to one of our dedicated Arthurdale car accident lawyers today.
If you have been involved in a traffic accident in Arthurdale, WV, the qualified team at Robinette Legal Group is here to guide you through the legal process to make these concerns as small as possible.
Through the use of digital documents and online signing, we make the process as easy and convenient as possible for you and eliminate most of the need for travel to our office.
Arthurdale, WV Personal Injury Attorney
From our offices in Morgantown, we serve Arthurdale and all of West Virginia and provide skilled representation for those injured in automobile, truck, and motorcycle wrecks.
Attorney Jeff Robinette has over 25 years of experience negotiating with the insurance companies for your best recovery and has gained compensation for many of his clients which is substantially more than the initial insurance settlement offer.
Arthurdale, WV is a small town of 802 residents located in western Preston County near Reedsville. The main road that goes through Arthurdale is Route 92. This is a heavily traveled road for many drivers to commute from the Morgantown area to a large part of Preston County. There are also many smaller residential roads in the area.
Historic Attractions in Arthurdale
This photo of Arthurdale is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Arthurdale is a small town with a unique history. It was begun in the 1930s by Eleanor Roosevelt to help struggling families during the Great Depression. Families were provided with a small, comfortable home with a few acres of land to begin a new life.
The New Deal Homestead Museum. The history of the town of Arthurdale is captured in the New Deal Homestead Museum. The multi-building museum gives those who attend an authentic picture of the past. It includes a restored homestead, service station, forges, and historic government buildings.
The New Deal Festival. To celebrate the special history of this community, residents of Arthurdale hold the New Deal Festival each year in July. Attractions include music, crafts, antique cars, kids’ activities, and hayrides. The focus is on the history of Arthurdale, so there are also historic attractions including the New Deal Homestead Museum.
Speeding is a Common Cause of Accidents and Traffic Tickets Near Arthurdale
One major danger, especially in the areas surrounding Arthurdale, is speeding. Route 92 has some long straight sections on which people often speed.
This is always dangerous, but it is particularly dangerous in inclement weather.
The Virtual Drive website has some tips to help those who tend to speed to slow down and drive safely.
· Notice the speedometer. One of the most common causes of accidental speeding is simply not paying attention to the speedometer. Part of driving safely is driving at a safe speed, so the speedometer should be referenced often by the driver.
· Drive slower than the speed limit. It would still be easy for many drivers to forget to watch the speedometer, so another strategy is to make a conscious effort to drive slower than the speed limit. This will ensure a safe speed because even if the driver is going faster than intended, it is still a safe speed.
· Use cruise control when possible. This means the driver will not have to pay attention to speed at all and can concentrate on other points of safe driving. This is most useful on interstate highways or other highways without many curves, so in the Arthurdale area, this is usually not an option. However, there are some straight sections of the road where this might be possible and helpful.
· Allow plenty of time to reach the destination. So far, these tips have been for people who simply forget to drive under the speed limit, but many people knowingly speed to arrive at their destination on time.
Realizing how dangerous speeding is, however, will remind a driver of how important driving at a safe speed is. Drivers need to allow plenty of time to arrive at their destination. Not doing so is putting the speeding driver and others on the road at risk.
If it is apparent that the driver will not reach the destination on time, the best action is to safely pull over, call, let someone know what is happening, and continue to drive at a safe speed.
· Consider the consequences. For those who speed simply because they can, think about the consequences. Getting pulled over will slow a driver down more than any speed limit, and speeding tickets are costly. Make the smart choice and don’t speed.
If you are in the Arthurdale area and have been in an accident, call Robinette Legal Group today for a free consultation. Their team of competent experts is ready to help you get the compensation you need to put your life back together.