Were you hurt after being hit by a car or truck, slipping and falling at the grocery store, or being struck by a falling object while passing by a construction site? All of these are instances of personal injuries, where someone is hurt and someone else is to blame.
If you’re worried about paying for your medical care or all the work you’re missing because of your injuries, there is hope. You may be eligible to bring a personal injury claim against the party that caused your injuries. And an experienced personal injury attorney from Robinette Legal Group, PLLC can help you demand the money you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Cheat Lake personal injury lawyer, and we’ll explain your options to you.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
If you got hurt in an accident in Cheat Lake that someone else caused, you can demand they compensate you for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses through a personal injury lawsuit. An attorney can file the claim for you and provide legal advice to help you make the right choices for yourself.
Your lawyer will investigate the case and determine the at-fault person or entity, such as a negligent driver, property owner, business, healthcare facility, or product manufacturer. They can also gather evidence against the responsible party to show how their actions caused the accident and the resulting injuries. This evidence might include witness interviews, a business’s safety records, and video footage of the incident unfolding – much of which would be difficult for the average accident victim to recover on their own.
While you aren’t required to have a lawyer to receive a settlement from the at-fault party’s insurance carrier, they can advise whether the offered settlement reflects the true value of your case. Your lawyer will negotiate aggressively on your behalf, fighting for the highest possible compensation for your case. They back up these negotiations with the threat of a trial, which insurance companies want to avoid at all costs. And if the insurance company still won’t pay you what it owes you, your attorney can make good on that threat and litigate your case in court.
Crucially, this help comes at no upfront cost to you. Most personal injury lawyers work on contingency, which means they only get paid their fee if they win money for you first. That way, your present ability to pay for legal services is not a barrier to seeking justice.
Types of Cases Our Cheat Lake Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
We are prepared to handle all types of personal injury cases in Cheat Lake. We count on a specialized team in the following areas:
- Car accident lawyer
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Work accidents
- Defective product injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burn injuries
- Explosion injuries
- Gas drilling rig injuries
- Mining accident injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
If you don’t see your circumstances on this list, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a case. Our lawyers can evaluate your situation and determine if your accident qualifies as a personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations for West Virginia Personal Injury Claims
You have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit, per the state’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims. If you miss the deadline, your case will almost certainly be dismissed. A Cheat Lake personal injury attorney can help you identify and meet any deadlines in your case.
Compensation Available in West Virginia Personal Injury Lawsuits
Accidents have consequences that are both economic and non-economic in nature. Personal injury claims can account for both. With a successful claim, you could recover compensation to cover your:
- Cost of all medical treatment, like ER visits, hospital stays, prescription medications, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, and specialist evaluations
- Rehabilitation treatment, like physical therapy, to help you recover
- Lost wages if you missed work to heal
- Loss of earning potential if the injury keeps you from continuing in your career path
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life or loss of abilities
- Emotional trauma
How to Protect Your Personal Injury Claim
The at-fault party and their insurer will likely do whatever they can to pay you as little as possible. The Cheat Lake personal injury lawyers with Robinette Legal Group, PLLC can help you avoid common mistakes accident victims make that could compromise their case. You can help us protect your claim by:
- Gathering evidence ahead of time – Evidence like your medical records, any police reports from a car wreck, incident reports if you were hurt at a place of business, or receipts from the defective product you purchased are all valuable resources for your lawyer. If you had a chance to take pictures of the accident scene or your injuries, give those to your lawyer, too. And be sure to write down your recollections of the event while they’re still fresh in your mind.
- Not talking about your case – Anything you say to the other party can be twisted by their insurance company or lawyer into your admitting fault. Even something as simple as saying “I’m sorry” could hurt your case. You don’t have to give a statement to the other party’s insurance company or lawyer. Instead, tell them to call your lawyer.
- Calling our firm as soon as you can – The quicker you retain legal counsel, the quicker your lawyer can get to work on your case and take over communication with other parties. Plus, your lawyer can answer your questions about what to do and keep you from making critical mistakes.
Why Choose Us?
Were you hurt in an accident in Cheat Lake, WV? Then you need a tenacious legal advocate on your side. You need Robinette Legal Group, PLLC. With over 30 years of experience, you can count on our attorneys to handle your case with the respect, compassion, and attention to detail it deserves. We are available 24/7 to answer all your questions and help you through the challenging process of filing a personal injury claim.
Firm lead attorney Jeff Robinette is a National Board-Certified Trial Lawyer, an honor given to only the top 3 percent of trial lawyers. As a veteran of the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division, he is committed to defending your rights with honor and discipline. And because Mr. Robinette is a former insurance defense lawyer, you’ll have access to our insider knowledge of insurance companies’ strategies. He and his legal team believe in delivering award-winning results for the Mountain State and have secured many significant settlements for our clients. Let us put this experience and reputation to work for you to maximize your compensation.
Talk to an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Cheat Lake, WV Today
Do you want to know how a personal injury lawyer can help you after an accident? Are you unsure about your legal options and want to know more about filing a suit for compensation? We can answer these questions and more. Contact Robinette Legal Group, PLLC today for a free consultation with a Cheat Lake personal injury attorney.