Few things are more traumatic for a family than a sudden accident causing injuries or death. Compassionate, experienced legal help is available. Call for a free consultation with a member of our car accident team: 304-594-1800.
Pedestrian Injury Attorneys in West Virginia
You thought you had the right of way entering the crosswalk or peddling through the intersection. The driver should have yielded or been more careful. Every year in communities throughout West Virginia, hundreds of innocent adults and children are injured or killed while walking on a sidewalk or pedestrian crossing, attempting to board the school bus, or riding their bikes legally on our streets.
When a car or truck hits a pedestrian, biker, or wheelchair operator, there is usually no question about who is going to suffer.
Many pedestrian and bicycle accident cases are hit-and-run, or involve a situation where the car driver doesn’t carry insurance. That means you have to rely on your own uninsured driver policy to file a legitimate claim.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents are far from rare. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the CDC:
- More than 7,000 pedestrians were killed on our nation’s roads in crashes involving a motor vehicle in 2020.
- 82% of pedestrian deaths in 2020 occurred in urban areas, up from 59 percent in 1975.
- 39% of pedestrians 16 and older killed in nighttime (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.) crashes in 2020
- One in five children under the age of 15 killed in crashes were pedestrians in 2020
- Alcohol was involved for the driver and/or pedestrian in nearly half (46%) of crashes that resulted in a pedestrian death in 2019.
Whether they are outside with a parent, playing with friends, or walking alone, children are more at risk for being hit by a car anytime they are near a roadway. Unfortunately, when children are hit by cars, they are almost always injured and sometimes are killed because of the negligent driving of an adult. In these cases, the driver often suffers nearly as much as the family of the child.
Why Hire a West Virginia Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Going up against an insurance company to fight for full and fair money damages for your injuries or financial losses is no easy task. Insurance companies often devote substantial financial resources trying to beat you down and frustrate you until you accept their low settlement offer.
Surprisingly, your insurance company may treat you as a hostile claimant, and you will need to fight to get the amount you are entitled to. It’s not right. It’s not fair. But it’s the way the game is played by the insurance industry. The Robinette Legal Group puts you on an even playing field. Our West Virginia pedestrian accident attorneys are former insurance defense lawyers who understand the strategies and tactics insurance companies use to limit their liability.
Our firm has experience representing clients in all types of pedestrian and bicycle accident injury and wrongful death claims, including:
- Intersection and crosswalk injuries
- Parking lot injuries
- Loading dock injuries
- Child bike crash injuries, child head injuries
- Injuries caused by a defective child’s bike
- Hit and run and uninsured motorist accidents
- Shoulder Injuries from bike accidents
- Wheelchair Accidents and Injuries
Contact our West Virginia pedestrian accident lawyers to schedule a free consultation about your pedestrian accident injury claim. We represent clients injured in communities throughout the whole state of West Virginia.