A serious car accident can be a life-altering event, and it can be difficult to know the steps to take to get life back to normal as quickly and completely as possible.
If you have suffered an injury in an accident in Terra Alta, West Virginia, Robinette Legal Group is here to help you get back on track as quickly as possible. Our experienced personal injury legal team can help you work with the insurance companies to get the financial compensation you need.
Terra Alta, WV
Terra Alta, WV is a small town located in eastern Preston County. It is mostly residential but does have a few small businesses including stores and restaurants. The main road that goes through Terra Alta is Route 7, but the Brandonville Pike and the Aurora Pike also begin in Terra Alta.
Attractions in the Terra Alta Area
The Alpine Lake Resort in Terra Alta is the perfect place to get away into wild and wonderful West Virginia. In addition to the lodging and food available, there are many activities to keep you busy while enjoying the beautiful scenery. Available activities include golf, fishing, boating, skiing, tennis, swimming, and much more.
A relatively new attraction to the Terra Alta area is the All Brands Motorcycle Event at McKee’s Sky Ranch. This event that has been running for six years is the perfect escape for motorcycle enthusiasts. For those who just want to ride with other bikers or for those who want a little more, this event has something for all bikers. There are several rides across roads and trails of varying difficulty and terrain, and there is a vintage bike display area. Complete with a camping area, this event is fun for all bikers.
Road Safety in Terra Alta, West Virginia
The speed limit in Terra Alta is 25 m.p.h., which makes it generally safe to travel there, but, sadly, there was one fatal DUI accident in 2014. The average commute time for Terra Alta residents is 23.5 minutes, so most people leave Terra Alta and must travel on Route 7, the Brandonville Pike, Route 23, I-68, or the Aurora Pike for most of their trip. These roads can be more dangerous as the travel speed is faster.
Winter driving can also be treacherous in Terra Alta. Terra Alta is known for the large amount of snowfall during the winter months. That, along with hilly, curvy roads, can make winter driving dangerous. This increases the likelihood of accidents involving one vehicle that goes out of control and slides off the road into a bank or other object, or even worse, into another vehicle.
How to Drive Safely on Icy Roads
Although there is no way to make ice-covered roads as safe as dry roads, there are some actions you can take to be as safe as possible.
· Avoid driving if possible. The best way to be safe when the roads are icy is to stay off them when possible and wait for them to clear.
· Slow down. There is no way to know when the vehicle is going to start sliding, so it is best to maintain a slow speed before the vehicle starts sliding.
· Prepare for the trip as normal. Put on your seatbelt, and properly adjust the seat, headrest, and mirrors. These steps will help you drive more safely and hopefully reduce injury in case of a crash.
· If the vehicle begins to slide, turn the wheels in the direction that the rear wheels are sliding. This helps to gain control of the vehicle faster.
· Don’t stop at accidents along the roadway. This can put you in serious danger since the surrounding roadway is clearly slippery enough to have already caused a crash. The best thing to do is call 911 and let the professionals properly take care of the situation.
If you live in Terra Alta and have been injured in an accident, call Robinette Legal Group today. Morgantown is already a destination for shopping, dining, and health care. Solving your legal issues can improve the rest of your life, so it is certainly worth the drive.
Our award-winning team is prepared to help you through the legal process to get the compensation you need. Call today for a free case review: 304.594.1800.