The last thing any bicyclist ever expects is that they will sustain an injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver on the roadway. Unfortunately, bicyclists are incredibly vulnerable in the event these collisions occur, and severe injuries are often the result. At the Robinette Legal Group, we are here to help if you need a Morgantown, West Virginia bicycle accident lawyer by your side. We have a track record of success handling complex injury claims throughout this state, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate the claim in order to determine liability. Let us help you recover complete compensation for your losses.
Why Choose the Robinette Legal Group for Your Case?
- At the Robinette Law Group, we have recovered significant multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of clients throughout West Virginia.
- We have been selected as an Avvo Client’s Choice Award winner, and honored as a Litigator Awards 2016 Top 1% Personal Injury Law Firm.
- Our team takes West Virginia bicycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that crash victims will not have to pay any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will an Attorney Help a Bicycle Accident Claim in West Virginia?
Bicycle accident cases can become complicated, particularly when the at-fault party’s insurance carrier refuses to offer a fair settlement. When this happens, a skilled bicycle injury lawyer in West Virginia can step in and handle every aspect of the claim on behalf of their client. An attorney can:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the incident to gather the evidence needed to prove liability
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance carriers to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of the client
Bicycle Accident Injuries Can be Detrimental
Data available from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that 846 bicyclists lost their lives during the latest reporting year across the country. Additionally, tens of thousands of bicyclists were injured as a result of the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. Accidents caused by bicycles colliding with other vehicles are often severe. The average passenger vehicle weighs around 4,000 pounds, and the human body is not meant to withstand an impact from this type of force.
It is not uncommon for our bicycle accident lawyers in West Virginia to help clients who have sustained the following types of injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
- Major lacerations or puncture wounds
Time Limit to File a West Virginia Bicycle Accident Claim
It is crucial to file these claims as soon as possible with the insurance carriers involved. Insurance carriers typically have very strict reporting deadlines, often within a day or two after the incident occurs. Overall, West Virginia has a two-year personal injury statute of limitations in place. If the bicycle accident victim has to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party to recover compensation, they must do so within this two-year timeframe, or they will not be able to recover any compensation at all.
Call a West Virginia Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver in West Virginia, reach out to the personal injury team at the Robinette Legal Group for help today. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your claims. This includes determining liability and negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a West Virginia bicycle accident lawyer, you can contact the Robinette Legal Group by clicking here or calling us at (304) 594-1800.