Granville, WV Car Accident Lawyers
Granville is a small town located near Morgantown in northern West Virginia. In recent years, Granville and surrounding areas have exploded with development. The University Town Center is home to many restaurants and retail locations, and the Gateway Center, which is within a quarter-mile of Granville is also developing quickly. Traffic has increased dramatically within the last few years because of all this development, which has impacted the potential danger on the roads. If you have suffered injury or property damage in Granville, WV, Robinette Legal Group is here for you. Their experienced team is ready to help you get the compensation you need as quickly and simply as possible.
University Town Center Collisions
The University Town Center is located in the heart of Granville and is home to many businesses in one convenient area. These include:
- Outpatient facility
- Movie theatre
- Baseball field
- Car dealerships
- Hotel accommodations
The University Town Center has something for everyone and attracts many people every day, year-round, but as Christmas approaches, the stores are especially busy, and during the spring and summer, the baseball field brings in many people at game times.
Monongalia County Ballpark
The Monongalia County Ballpark is home to the local Black Bears minor league baseball team. The facility is also shared with the West Virginia Mountaineers baseball team. Since the price of tickets is comparable with movie theatre tickets, this can be a more economical choice for families than other professional sporting events.
Gateway Center and Mylan Park
The Gateway Center, although not in Granville, is located very near Granville, and much of the traffic that goes to the Gateway Center passes through Granville. As the Gateway Center develops, it is becoming more and more like a second shopping center similar to the University Town Center. It seems that they will bring larger crowds to each other.
Mylan Park is just a few miles down the road, and much of the traffic going to Mylan Park passes through Granville. There are a few large events in Mylan Park every year, including the MountainFest and the Monongalia County Fair, as well as many smaller events.
Where Is the Danger?
The good news is that from 2013-2015 (the most recent records available), there were no fatal accidents in Granville. However, with all the new development, added businesses, and traffic, the risk of less serious accidents and parking lot accidents has gone up dramatically. Although these types of accidents are less serious, they can still cause injury and financial stress.
Parking Lot Accidents
Parking lots are difficult places to drive. There are so many obstacles with which the driver is faced including other vehicles in close quarters, vehicles backing out of spaces, and pedestrians. Unfortunately, some drivers tend to become impatient in parking lots which only increases the danger.
An estimated twenty percent of traffic accidents occur in parking lots. Many of these result in vehicle damage, and sadly, many others result in pedestrian injury or death. Children are also often the victims of pedestrian accidents in parking lots. These were mostly because the drivers did not see the children as they were backing out of a parking space.
Staying Safe in Parking Lots
Because of the number of parking lots in Granville, it is essential for Granville residents and visitors alike to know how to be safe in parking lots. Here are a few parking lot safety tips:
- Watch for the safety of pedestrians and other vehicles more than looking for a parking space.
- Park farther away from the building in a less congested area to reduce the risk of a crash.
- Many parking lot crashes happen because of low visibility, so park near good lighting at night.
- Pay careful attention to stop signs and speed limit signs posted in parking lots. While many of them cannot be enforced by the law, they are there for the safety of vehicle passengers and pedestrians and should be heeded.
Congested Road Safety
Not only are parking lots a risk in Granville, but slower, more congested roads also pose a risk. This is especially true in the University Town Center. There are many businesses that bring a lot of traffic to this relatively small hillside. The speed limit is 25 m.p.h., but many do not heed this. The situation has improved with the installation of traffic lights and access being opened to the other side of the University Town Center, but there is still a lot of traffic and plenty of risk for accidents to happen. Here are some tips to help you stay safe on congested roads.
- Follow the speed limit, and try not to be in a hurry. A little patience goes a long way in making the road safer.
- Don’t follow too closely. Drivers tend to follow closely on slow roads, but especially in a place like this where drivers are slowing, stopping, and turning often, it is important to leave plenty of room between vehicles.
- Watch what is going on around you. Pay attention to drivers who are turning, stopping, or changing lanes.
- Make your own intentions known. Give plenty of warning with turning signals, and don’t make any sudden moves if possible. Gradually brake when stopping or turning to help avoid rear-end crashes.
If you have been injured in an accident in Granville or surrounding areas, Robinette Legal Group is here for you. They can help you get the compensation you need to get life back to normal as quickly as possible. Contact Us Today. You can reach us at (304) 594-1800 or fill out our convenient online form below.
To learn more, read our article: Know Your Legal Rights After a Car Accident.