Were you involved in a car accident in Granville, West Virginia? Are you suffering from painful injuries, unable to return to work, and wondering how you’ll pay the bills this month? If so, don’t be discouraged. Get help from a knowledgeable injury lawyer who can pursue financial compensation on your behalf.
When you come to Robinette Legal Group, PLLC for help, our Granville car accident attorneys can get started on your case right away. We’ll get to know you, determine how much your case is worth, and handle the details while you recover. To learn more about how we can help, contact us now for your free case review.
Common Areas for Accidents Near Granville
Granville is a small town located near Morgantown in northern West Virginia. In recent years, Granville and surrounding areas have exploded with development. Traffic has increased dramatically within the last few years because of all this development, which has impacted the potential danger on the roads. Some of these dangerous areas include the following:
University Town Center
The University Town Center is in the heart of Granville and is home to many businesses in one convenient area. These include:
- An outpatient facility
- A movie theater
- A baseball field
- Car dealerships
- Hotel accommodations
The University Town Center has something for everyone and attracts many people year-round. It is especially busy during the holidays and in spring and summer, when baseball games bring in many people at game times.
Monongalia County Ballpark
The Monongalia County Ballpark is home to the Black Bears minor league baseball team. The West Virginia Mountaineers baseball team also shares the facility. Since the ticket prices are comparable with movie theater tickets, this can be a more economical choice for families than other sporting events.
The Gateway Center is becoming more like a shopping center, similar to the University Town Center. Located within a quarter mile of Granville, much of the traffic that goes to the Gateway Center passes through Granville.
Mylan Park is just a few miles down the road, with traffic also going through Granville. There are a few large events in Mylan Park every year, including the MountainFest and the Monongalia County Fair, as well as many smaller events.
Leading Causes of Accidents in Granville, West Virginia
Granville is a relatively small town in West Virginia. However, several local factors contribute to accidents here, such as:
- Parking lot traffic – There are plenty of parking lots throughout Granville. Many have confusing layouts, old pavement, and more traffic than they were designed to accommodate. As a result, parking lot accidents are common.
- Congested roads – Traffic congestion frequently occurs in Granville, especially in busier areas like the University Town Center. Busier roads with more drivers mean more opportunities for collisions to happen.
- Construction – Local road construction can cause delays, narrow lanes, and poor visibility. This all increases traffic congestion and makes accidents more likely to happen.
- Bad weather – Granville has harsh winters that bring lots of snow, ice, and other dangerous conditions. Extreme winter weather increases crash risk, especially for drivers who aren’t used to local conditions.
- Distracted driving – Some Granville drivers cause accidents when they become too absorbed in distractions, such as text messages, phone calls, or conversations with passengers.
- Speeding – Many drivers exceed posted speed limits or drive too fast for the conditions on Granville’s winding, rural roads. Speeding reduces a driver’s room for error and gives them less time to react to traffic hazards.
- Driving under the influence – West Virginia has strict drunk driving laws. But driving under the influence remains a problem in many areas statewide, including Granville.
- Inexperienced drivers – Many West Virginia University students call Granville home, meaning there are many young and inexperienced drivers here. These drivers can increase the risk of accidents when school is in session.
Common Injuries Our Granville Accident Lawyers See
Many of the car accident victims our Granville injury lawyers see have suffered serious crash injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- “Road rash” and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Types of Crashes We Handle
At Robinette Legal Group, PLLC, one of our firm’s focus areas are personal injury cases – including car accidents. We help people seek the compensation they deserve after they get hurt in auto collisions. With years of experience and a tireless work ethic, our team of dedicated attorneys has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and trial verdicts.
Our Granville legal team handles all types of car accident cases, including those involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- ATV accidents
- RV accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Fatal car accidents
If you have been injured in a Granville car accident, Robinette Legal Group, PLLC is here for you. Our experienced team is ready to help you pursue the compensation you need as quickly and simply as possible.
When Should You Hire a Local Accident Lawyer?
Working with a lawyer after a car accident is always a good idea, especially if the accident results in severe injuries or extensive property damage. Car accidents are tragic, and the legal claims stemming from them can be complicated. You will likely need to file an insurance claim after a car crash. An insurance company often focuses on protecting its bottom line rather than giving you the necessary compensation. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and demand the money you deserve.
Usually, it is best to hire a local attorney rather than a lawyer from another city or state. Here are some key reasons why:
- Local lawyers know the local laws – Like all states, West Virginia has its own laws and legal procedures for car accident cases. A local lawyer will be familiar with these laws and know how to handle your case.
- Local lawyers know the local court system – A local lawyer will have experience working within the local court system, meaning they likely have established relationships with clerks, judges, and other court personnel. This could allow them to handle your case more efficiently.
- Local lawyers are more accessible – When you have a lawyer close by, they are more accessible to you than an attorney in another city or state. You can meet with a local lawyer in person, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to build a personal relationship with them.
- Local lawyers have local connections – A local lawyer will have a professional reputation and connections within their community. They might have relationships with medical experts and accident reconstruction specialists, which can be valuable when building your case.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Granville, WV Today
If you would like to discuss your car accident case with a Granville auto accident lawyer, get in touch with Robinette Legal Group, PLLC today. We can answer your questions and review your case for free when you contact us for an initial consultation.
This post was originally published on June 2021 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness on March 2023.