Avoid these mistakes if you want to protect your car accident injury claim.
- Above all, don’t lie about anything.
- Absolutely do not conceal any information related to your health or your case when speaking with your attorney.
- Do not exaggerate symptoms.
- Do not ignore doctor’s orders.
- Do not sign a medical release or give a recorded statement without seeking legal advice.
- Be aware that your social media posts after the collision may be used to devalue your case.
- Keep in mind that if you wait, you may be too late! In West Virginia, you only have two years from the date of the collision to file a lawsuit.
Related Article: Injured in a Car Accident? Know Your Legal Rights. This article outlines all of the most important steps to take if you have been in a collision.