Driving during rush hour in Morgantown, West Virginia can quickly become a frustrating and sometimes dangerous experience. In addition to poor conditions on many of the roads in our state, careless drivers frequently cause car accidents during rush hour. Robinette Legal Group, PLLC recently asked our followers on Facebook about the worst roads to drive on during rush hour in our city, and the results are as follows:
Worst Roads to Drive on During Rush Hour in Morgantown
We asked Morgantown residents to vote on the worst roads to drive on during rush hour in Morgantown. Out of 117 responses, 48 voters chose the “all of them” option, apparently opining that all traffic is terrible across the city during rush hour. Of the individual roads mentioned, the top-ranking choices include:
- Mile Ground Rd. – 17 votes
- 705 – 7 votes
- Patterson Dr. – 6 votes
Other roads or areas identified by voters included I-79, downtown, University Ave., Star City, “hospital/stadium,” Beechurst, Sabraton, West Run Rd., and Suncrest.
Driving Tips You Can Use If You’re Stuck in Traffic During Rush Hour
When driving on a West Virginia highway in rush hour traffic, remember these tips to help keep yourself safe and reduce your risk of getting into a collision:
- Avoid distractions behind the wheel.
- Keep calm and try not to get angry, frustrated, or anxious.
- Leave extra time to get to your destination so you don’t feel rushed.
- Keep enough distance from the vehicle ahead of you to stop safely, factoring in road and weather conditions.
- Drive defensively, always expecting the unexpected from other drivers.
Tips to Avoid Traffic During Rush Hour
The best strategy to reduce your chances of getting into a car accident on the road in WV during rush hour involves avoiding rush hour traffic in the first place. Tips to follow to avoid getting stuck in rush hour include:
- Plan ahead – If you don’t have to travel during rush hour, schedule any trips you need to make for times with less traffic on the road.
- Check traffic reports – Before hitting the road, check current traffic conditions to see if rush hour traffic has already started to pile up.
- Check weather reports – Check on the weather before setting off, as bad weather can slow down traffic and make rush hour last longer than it usually would.
- Find alternate routes – If you need to drive during rush hour, consider taking an alternate route, even if longer than the most direct route. Although you may have further distances to drive on an alternate route, that route might get you to your destination faster than sitting in gridlock on the direct route.
- Carpool – Traveling with multiple people will allow you to use HOV lanes on highways that have them so you can bypass slow or stopped traffic during rush hour.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident During Rush Hour? Contact Robinette Legal Group, PLLC
If you’ve been hurt in a collision during rush hour or any other time of day in Morgantown, seek help from an experienced injury lawyer. Contact Robinette Legal Group, PLLC, for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your rights and legal options with a Morgantown car accident attorney today.
Jeffery Robinette was admitted to practice law in 1991 and is licensed in all levels of state and federal trial courts in West Virginia. Mr. Robinette is also licensed in all state and federal appeals courts in West Virginia and the United States Supreme Court. As a National Board Certified Trial Attorney who has handled hundreds of motor vehicle, injury, and construction defect claims and a leading author on insurance claims settlement issues and difficulties in West Virginia, Jeff Robinette is uniquely qualified to represent your best interest.